Thursday, 2 August 2012

Paintings by Michael Muir




These paintings by Australian artist Michael Muir are my perfect idea of abstract art. The way he uses colour and shape so simply to represent childhood memories and nostalgia really resonates with me. I love the idea of being surrounded by memories without them being exact photographs - your imagination has to piece the memory together. Michael is represented by Sophie Gannon Gallery in Melbourne and is showing at Melbourne Art Fair this weekend.


I did do something similar with some photos in a post about my dad back in October last year (before I'd discovered Michael's work). Of course they ain't got nothin' on Michael's work, but it's kind of nice to know my idea wasn't all that naff. While I save up for one of Michael's works maybe i should print and frame one of my own...







No comments:

Post a Comment