Monday, 27 February 2012

How to: It's as easy as ABC alphabet fridge magnets

Yes, it's been a while since I posted a How To (and I have no excuses!). To ease back into it I thought I'd share my latest crafty project with you - hand drawn alphabet fridge magnets - which really are as easy as ABC!

What you'll need:
• 7 packets of Spontan magnets from Ikea (4 in a packet so you have 2 spare after writing your alphabet). They come in white, black, red and orange. I went with white because our fridge is white and I wanted just the letters to stand out. 
• Permanent marker (I used a Sharpie fine point in black - you can choose your own colour depending on what you like and what colour magnets you choose)


Step 1:
Start writing your alphabet - one letter per magnet. Because I used a fine point I could use a number of lines to create my  letter - so I didn't need to be too precious about getting it exactly right the first time. I chose bold capitals, but you can choose any style you like. If you're not confident with your letter-drawing abilities have some reference close by - headlines from a newspaper or magazine can be a good guide. Let each letter dry for a minute or so before touching the ink.


Step 2:
Keep going!


Step 3:
And there you go - the whole alphabet! You'll have 2 spare magnets left so choose whatever you like to draw on those (I drew a heart on one and wrote my daughter's name on the other).




No comments:

Post a Comment