Thursday, 8 September 2011

Painting with light

Ok, so back in my uni days I did a bit of 'painting with light'. Essentially you use the B button on your camera at night and then use a torch, sparkler or globe to draw an image. I've always loved the idea, but of course, never pushed it very far in my endeavours. Then I stumbled across this amazing work by German group lichtfaktor and realised this artform now has a name: light graffiti (the kind that won't get you arrested!).
Stills from lichtfaktor's clip for "dENiZEN, shine a light for nature"
I love the idea of jellyfish floating through an industrial zone

Stills from lichtfaktor's clip for "dENiZEN, shine a light for nature"

Stills from lichtfaktor's clip for "dENiZEN, shine a light for nature"

Stills from lichtfaktor's clip for "dENiZEN, shine a light for nature"

  
Stills from lichtfaktor's clip for "dENiZEN, shine a light for nature"


No comments:

Post a Comment