Thursday, 14 July 2011

I just can't get enough of lemons this winter!

An abstract thought, I admit, but I just can't get enough of lemons this winter. I've been using them in almost every dish I cook this winter - they are my new (not so secret now) ingredient! Over the next few weeks I thought I'd share with you a couple of my favourite recipes.


To start with is my Celery soup with garlic, chilli and lemon. Mum used to make celery soup often while we were growing up (and Gram used to make it for her too). I'd always stuck to the plain celery, garlic and onion version...until this year, when I decided to be completely reckless and throw in some chilli and some lemon... and the difference is amazing! I've served this to quite a few friends and they can't believe how good it tastes. Just writing about it makes me hungry - think I'll go and make my weekly batch now. 



4 comments: